Andor/Nikon Ti-TuCam microscope
Profile: Twin-camera system that allows for the simultaneous detection of two signals in widefield.
A frequency domain FLIM detector is also available.
The Andor TuCam system is a fully automated Nikon Ti2-microscope with an adaptor that holds two cameras on one port, allowing to image two wavelength at the same time. These cameras are the new Andor Neo sCMOS models with 2560 x 2160 (5.5M) pixel sensors, a pixel area of 6.5 x 6.5 μm and a well number of 30,000 electrons. They can be cooled down to -40°C and offer a sustained readout rate of 30 frames per second (100 fps burst rate).
Lambert Instruments LIFA
This camera-based system allows to measure fluorescent life times for measurement of FRET. If FRET occurs, the life time (decay time of fluorescence) will decrease. The system can measure time lapse sequences (1 frame/s and faster) and is based on an intensified camera and modulation of the laser intensity. It works in wide field mode and spinning disk confocal microscopy. We will be able to excite the donors CFP (440 nm) and GFP (488 nm). The system is the LIFA system from Lambert Instruments and will be installed on a Nikon Ti2 with multipoint acquisition and hardware focus. If you plan a FRET experiment, please consult with us ahead of time to choose "good" fluorescent proteins (contact U. Engel or N. Dross)
- Nikon Plan Fluor 10x NA 0.3 (working distance 15.2 mm), corrected for 0.17mm coverslips (= type #1.5).
- Nikon S Plan Fluor ELWD 20x NA 0.45 (working distance 8.2 - 6.9mm) adjustable for glas and plastic bottom dishes with a thickness between 0 and 2 mm).
- Nikon Apo LWD 40x NA 1.15 λS water immersion objective (working distance 0.59 - 0.61mm), adjustable for coverslips from 0.15 - 0.19mm thickness.
- Nikon Plan Apo VC oil immersion objective (working distance 0.13mm), corrected for 0.17mm coverslips (= type #1.5).
Single Camera Filters:
- ex 390/22 - bs 420 - em 460/50 ("DAPI")
- ex 438/24 - bs 458 - em 483/32 ("CFP")
- ex 472/30 - bs 495 - em 520/35 ("EGFP")
- ex 500/24 - bs 520 - em 542/27 ("YFP")
- ex 562/40 - bs 593 - em 624/40 ("TxRed")
- ex 632/22 - bs 660 - em 692/40 ("Cy5")
Dual Camera Filters:
1a. in microscope: ex 416+501 - bs 440+520 (dual CFP/YFP)
1b. in TuCam: em CFP (back camera), em YFP (left camera) bs 510
2a. in microscope: ex 468+520 - bs 492+574 (dual eGFP/mRFP)
2b. in TuCam: em 515/30 (back camera), em 605/70 (left camera) bs 580
Bearbeiter: Christian Ackermann
Latest Revision: 2017-03-30